WHAT IS DIRECT GIVING AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT
PTA Goal: GIFT $150,000 each academic year to Westerly Creek Elementary
No joke – that's a big number! And WCE counts on the PTA to "gift" it each year to help keep paraprofessionals in the classrooms, interventionists in the school, provide updated technology for the kids, and so much more!
- WCE is a public school. But school budgets have not been funded enough to keep up with rising costs
- FACT: All high-performing DPS schools have to fundraise between $150,000–$250,000 annually to “fund the gap” between their actual costs and their allotted budget
- Colorado ranks 43rd nationally for per student funding
- FACT: Colorado spends $2,704 less per pupil than the national average
- WCE receives just base federal funding per pupil because we are not designated a Title 1 school
- FACT: A Title 1-designated elementary school close to WCE and with half the student population receives nearly $300,000 more in annual federal funding dollars than WCE
What Does That Mean For You?
The PTA has a family fundraising goal: $250 per child/per year as a Direct Giving donation
- Monies raised helps WCE make up the difference in their annual budget and fund the necessary programs that make our school great for our kids.
- Our goal is 100% participation from families to give at any level. And your donation is tax deductible.
- Structure your payment plan to make it convenient for you: a one-time or monthly donation
- Pay with a credit card and benefit from the card’s reward program
- Ask y our employer if they have a Matching Gift Program – it’ll double your donation!
ONE TIME DONATION
To make a one-time donation towards Direct Giving, please click the donate button below:
To make 10 total monthly recurring donations (the equivalent of an academic year) towards Direct Giving, please select the monthly amount you would like to donate and click the "subscribe" button. You will then be directed to our PayPal account to complete the process via your personal PayPal account.
CREDIT CARD DONATIONS:
WRITE A CHECK/BANK BILL PAY:
Or set up recurring checks from your bank's bill-pay feature addressed to:
Westerly Creek PTA
8800 East 28th Avenue
Denver, CO 80238
Tax ID No. 20-1069797
To unsubscribe to recurring monthly donations please click here.