The Collaborative School Committee (CSC)
The Collaborative School Committee (CSC) is the decision-making body for the school. At Westerly Creek Elementary School, the CSC is comprised of the Principal, three teachers, three parents, and one community representative. The CSC helps to create and implement a Unified Improvement Plan, review school budgets, and determine school staffing. The meetings are open to the public and outside participation is welcome!
CSC duties include:
- Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) - Review the school's achievement data, define goals and strategies to drive continued growth and improvement in school performance
- Staffing Allocations - Assist the principal by making recommendations concerning the use of the staffing allocations provided to the school by the Board of Education
- Annual School Budget - Review and approve the annual school budget according to district guidelines that supports the objectives of the UIP
- Calendar and/or Schedule - Making recommendations related to achieving school goals
- Academic Issues (including related policies and procedures) - Gather input from Bill Roberts parents, teachers, and community members, discuss and make recommendations on academic issues as appropriate
The CSC will not:
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Be involved in issues relating to individuals (staff, students, or parents) within the school.
- Be involved in personnel issues (School Personnel Committee will stand alone in the current DPS/DCTA contract).