Fundraising Committee - Help create fundraising calendar submitted to PTA for approval. Coordinate GAP campaign, Auction in the Spring, restaurant night and promotion fundraisers and any other fundraising programs. Looking for 2-3 volunteers. (time commitment varies). Listed below are just a few examples of how you can help.
- Coordinate a restaurant night (2 hours)
- Help sticker and distribute Thursday folders (2 hours)
- Help come up with new ideas for fundraising
- Introduce us to business owners who might like to sponsor our school
- Introduce us to business’ who will give a portion of profits to WC
- Coordinate fundraising opportunity for Field Day (2-3 hour)
If you are interested in volunteering to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Auction Committee – be a part of the amazing Auction Committee. This is Westerly Creek's most lucrative and rewarding fundraiser that takes place each Spring. We need help with all parts of the auction:
- Chair - works with the PTA Board to help coordinate and organize the Annual Auction in the spring.
- Auction Acquisitions - Solicits and gathers acquisitions for silent and live auction. Works closely with PTA Fundraising Chair.
- Family Donations - Works closely with Auction Acquisitions and PTA Fundraising Chair. Secures, organizes, and coordinates family donations.
- Theme, Decorations, and Setup - This sub-committee coordinates the theme, decor, space planning, and setup for the auction. These committee members will need to communicate and work together to ensure a smooth process.
- Break Down - Secures volunteers and coordinates process for breaking down the space immediately following the auction (that very night). Works with Acquisitions, Decorations, and Set Up to ensure smooth process.
- Rental Equipment - Secures rentals for chairs, tables, stage, and bars. Works with Set-Up and Decorations committees.
- Entertainment - Secures musical entertainment; may alternate between a band, DJ, or vocalist(s) depending on the theme each year.
- Media & Communications - Advertises auction, creates program, creates printed and electronic media materials
- Raffle Chair - Solicits raffle items and gets gaming license.
- Ticket Sales Chair - Promotes ticket sales and incentive program for auction.
- Teacher Donations - Solicits teacher donations and creates thank you notes to teachers.
- Technology & Software – Help with auction software and technology needs pre-auction, at auction and post auction.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with the auction please email email@example.com
Original Works Program – Coordinate with Ms. Erin for the creation of the art work at the beginning of the school year. Collect orders during the fall and distribute items.
To volunteer for Original Works Program, please contact: ERIN_LEA-DOUGHERTY@dpsk12.org
Yearbook Committee - Last year was the second annual Westerly Creek Yearbook. Volunteers needed with yearbook sales, importing the student and teacher portraits, planning the layout and ads, managing distribution in May, and making sure deadlines are met.
To volunteer for Yearbook, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUKit Assistant - Become the EDUKit Assistant to walk through the program this year and run the program the following school year. EDUKit is a school supply kit program that raises money for the school, saves time for parents, and ensures students have exactly what the teachers have selected to be successful at school. Coordinate with teachers in April, distribute order forms in May and make sure orders are filled and distributed by purchaser correctly in August.
To volunteer for EDUKit Assistant, please contact: email@example.com