Volunteers are essential to the success of WCE. Please consider volunteering in the classroom and on the PTA. We welcome any help you can offer, and we are always looking for volunteers. Signup by contacting the person associated with each committee.
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This committee works in various ways to raise funds to provide opportunities to WCE students that would not be possible within the constraints of our current state and district funding.
- AUCTION CHAIR –oversee organization of Auction
- ACQUISITIONS-solicit and gather acquisitions for silent and live auction
- RAFFLES/DRAWINGS – Solicit raffle items and gets gaming license
- MEDIA/ADVERTISING/COMMUNICATIONS/PROGRAM – advertise auction, create program, create printed and electronic media materials
- TEACHER DONATIONS – solicit teacher donations and create thank you notes to teachers
- CLASS ART PROJECTS – work with ART committee and room parents to create art projects for auction
- TICKET SALES – promote ticket sales and incentive program for auction
- BEVERAGE/DECORATIONS AND SETUP- coordinate beverage acquisitions, decorations and setup for auction
- SPONSORSHIP CHAIR – Ensure sponsors are correctly displayed on website, in directory, auction program and yearbook. Maintain sponsorship list with level, amount paid and contacts. Sell school sponsorships and maintain relationships with sponsors and advertisers. Sell advertising space in Newsletters, Directory, and Yearbook. Ensure sponsor has submitted logo and advertisements
- BANNERS – collect and hang sponsorships banners for designated events
- MEDIA/ADVERTISING-collect & layout advertising in Directory, Auction Program & Yearbook
- WCE GIVE BACK PROMOTIONS – set up promotions with businesses to give back portion of proceeds to WCE when WCE families support their business (ex. Restaurant Nights).
- “ORIGINAL WORKS" PROGRAM – Coordinate with the art teacher for the creation of the art work at the beginning of the school year. Collect orders during the fall and distribute items.
- CREEK CASH PROGRAM – Coordinates the collection of box tops and Longmont Dairy caps, promotes other programs that offer "free money" to our school.
- EDUKITS (Schol supply kits)– distribute order forms early May and make sure that orders are filled and distributed to the purchasers correctly.
- SPIRIT WEAR & FIELD DAY SHIRTS – Distribute order forms, make sure that orders are filled & distribute orders
- YEARBOOK - Sell, create, distribute the school Yearbooks and work with sponsorship/advertising team compiling advertising space in Yearbook
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIRS – Coordinate to raise money for books for the library and classrooms. Work with Scholastic Books to host 2 or more book fairs per year. Coordinate volunteers to work at the fair. Work with the teachers to create their book lists. Work with the Principal to distribute the funds for classroom libraries and the media center.
- SCHOOL DANCES - Coordinate Spring and Fall School Dances
COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE – email email@example.com
The communication committee distributes news to our school community, including parents and teachers. People on the committee write and edit PTA communications, update school bulletin boards, and create and distribute other communications as needed by the community. Some of the main responsibilities include:
- WEEKLY UPDATE – Coordinate a weekly update to be distributed to the school community. This information is distributed primarily by email and on the website.
- WEBSITE – Host and update thewcepta.com website.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Update Facebook, Twitter, Stapleton Moms Yahoo Group, and other social media sites.
- HOWL NEWSLETTER – Coordinate a quarterly PTA newsletter, including articles, fundraising updates, current and past events at the school. There is some writing/editing and layout involved.
SAFETY COMMITTEE - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Determine and support safety needs for school, including transportation issues.
Welcome Committee - email email@example.com
Organize events to welcome new families to WCE, create new family packets who join WCE and organize the Back to School Social.
Community Outreach – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Run the school food pantry and provide outreach opportunities to WCE. Work with school to complement existing outreach programs such as Food Drives, Jump Rope for Heart, and 100th Day of School events
- Smith Thanksgiving Donation Baskets – coordinate donations by class & deliver to families
- School Pantry – coordinate donations, fill and distribute backpacks weekly, pickup food at Food Bank of the Rockies
- Baby and Kids Stuff Sale – Coordinate volunteers to collect sort and display merchandise and sell baby and kids’ stuff and give remaining items to charity
Staff Support Committee - email email@example.com
Help any or all: assemble and deliver Thanksgiving Wine & Goodie Platters to staff (3 hours), Assist with organization of Staff Appreciation Week (varies), organize monthly staff breakfasts (2 hour per month).
Green Team - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Green initiatives at the school such as composting, recycling and school gardens.
Arts Committee - email ERIN_LEA-DOUGHERTY@dpsk12.org
We want fantastic art for the auction this year! To achieve this we need volunteers to be art project coordinators for their child's class or platoon team. This is a fun and creative way to give back to the school. We have lots of project ideas you can choose from or come up with your own idea. You don't need to collect a dime from anyone, we have budgeted money for each grade.
- Class Room Parent(s): Communicate with parents about classroom activities, coordinating parent jobs, and supporting the teacher. Maintain class contact list and oversee classroom funds from family donations for teacher & para gifts. Timeline: Throughout School Year. Contact Persons: Teacher and PTA Staff Support
- Classroom Bulletin Board: Per teacher’s direction, display children’s classroom work on designated hallway bulletin board. Timeline: Throughout School Year. Contact Person: Teacher
- Snack coordinator: Work with teacher to coordinate classroom families to fulfill need for snacks (ECE, KG & 1st grade only). Timeline: Throughout School Year. Contact Person: Teacher
- Classroom Clean-up Coordinator: Organize clean up events for the classroom. (ECE only). Contact Person: Teacher
- Halloween Party: coordinates activities and snacks for the party. Timeline: End of October. Contact Person: Teacher
- Holiday Party: coordinates activities and snacks for the party. Timeline: Mid December. Contact Person: Teacher
- Valentine Party: coordinates activities and snacks for the party. Timeline: Early February. Contact Person: Teacher
- Art Support: 1. Coordinate and design the classroom art project for WCE’s yearly auction. This is a job for a creative person. 2. Support Art Teacher, Pattie Glassick on an as needed basis. Usually involves setting up art displays for your grade level’s exhibits. Timeline: Auction Art Projects are primarily completed in January, the auction is in March. Art Teacher support as needed throughout school year. Contact People: PTA Auction Committee & Art Teacher.
- Auction Liaison: participate in planning and organizing the auction. Help needed with item acquisition, managing donations, securing sponsorship. Communicate to the class about ticket sales, etc. Timeline: Auction Committee meetings throughout school year. The auction is in March. Contact Person: PTA Auction Committee
- Classroom Photographer: Take and collect from parents or teachers pictures of children from your classroom throughout the school year to submit to yearbook committee. Timeline: needs to be available occasionally during school day throughout school year. Contact Person: PTA Photography Committee Chair
To volunteer for Classroom Opportunities, please contact: email@example.com